Wild Mushroom Pate
* 1 1/2 pounds chopped, mixed wild mushrooms - tough stems removed
* 1/2 cup toasted/chopped walnuts
* 1 Lg. shallot chopped
* 2 Garlic cloves chopped
* 2 tsp thyme and chives chopped
* 6 Ounce dried mushrooms soaked in hot water - reserve 1/4 cup liquid
* 2 -3 tsp. zest of one lemon
* 10-12 ounces fresh Ricotta cheese
* 1 T Marsala
* 1/4 Cup olive oil
* 3 T Butter
* Chives or mixed herbs for garnish
Heat saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil and butter, then add shallots and garlic with pinch of salt and saute for 5-7 min until soft. Increase heat to medium-high and add mushrooms and thyme stirring constantly to insure your mixture is incorporated for another 5-7 minutes until mushrooms have released juices. Add 1 T Marsala and 1/4 cup mushroom liquid and cook until nearly gone. Put mushrooms on sheet pan and spread to cool for 15 min.
In cuisinart put cooled mushrooms, lemon zest, chives, walnuts and fresh ricotta. Pulse until desired smoothness. Slightly chunky is nice for texture. Put in desired serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, best overnight. Garnish with chives and serve with crackers or crostini.